Friday, September 01, 2006

Bags love Copenhagen

I finally arrived in Perpignan (tiny airport) on the Med near the Spanish boarder. The town and area feels closer to Italy in nature rather than France. Most seem to speak Spanish and French, which is a God send given I am unable to speak the tongue of my heritege.

I rented a fine little Peugeot wagon and proceeded to fly on the highway to Toulouse to grab Guy from his flight coming in from Frankfurt (via Copenhagen). I could barely keep my eyes open and the french radio stations were not helping (because I didn't know the lyrics)...so I got on my crackberry and drove at 135kph. Guys plane flew overhead as I drove into the airport, yet Guy's luggage thought I'd would enjoy Copenhagen another day.

So...
We camped out at the Holiday Inn in Toulouse and strolled the charming streets of this city dining on an amazing Bordeaux (from St. Emillion) some fabulous foie gras, canard and lamb. We crashed with plans to get up, grab Guy's bike and head for the Med and spin to Spain before our group arrives tomorrow. Let's see how far we get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home