Thursday, August 31, 2006

Arrivee'

I just landed at CDG (paris) and gorgeous fall feeling day at 55 degrees. The flight from Miami to Paris was about 8.5 hours and I slept 4 hours of it.

I sat next to a very cool Frenchman who just spent 1 month in equador with his wife (who is from there). You've got to love the time off they get. We talked culture and societal issues until we both landed on our mutual language of love...FOOD! I just got a fabulous new recipe for povre (pepper) as his grandfather is a pepper farmer (table varietal but left as corns) in Bordeaux. I also know where I'm going to ride and explore next year - Bretane...his village.

I will now need to go through customs with my bike, find the air france bus to the Orly airport for my flight to Perpignan (on the Med). I then pick up my dear friend Guy (pronounced gee en francis) in Toulouse around 6pm. For those of you following this blog, I am 6 hours a head of east coat or 9 hours ahead of west coast (Seattle Time)..

Oh no good movies on the plane. Don't take American overseas...stick with Northwest, KLM, SAS or British Air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home